April 04, 2012

Ibiza Cycle Challenge



I consider myself reasonably fit in the old fashioned sense of the word, so quite nonchalantly accepted a 185km mountainous cyclathon invitation thinking it would be as easy as....well..… riding a bike; which I remember doing about 20 years ago. Clearly not! All activities or sports seem to require a specific type of fitness as does mountainous road cycling. Two activities rarely cross exactly. My first 15 minute test in the gym started to get difficult in the first minute.



I insisted the readout must be displaying MPH but the trainer was equally insistent that it was the considerably slower KPH. Oh well, I have 4 weeks to get bike fit for the round the island challenge, all in aid of Great Ormond Street Hospital. Sam, Lane and Ronan are joining me for this worthy cause on 5th & 6th May 2012. If you can spare a few pounds to sponsor us I would greatly appreciate it.


No comments:

Post a Comment