January 11, 2012

Do Trophies Matter?

At the hairdressing industry’s glittering Oscar nights, our team set a new British record by winning seven major accolades. Four British Hairdressing Business Awards and three Most Wanted Awards from the top two publications. We loved the celebrations and the attention from our peers, but the next morning it really was back to business. I do tell our younger team particularly, that these trophies are symbols of our past efforts and the future needs to be earned each day.

What really matters to us are our working relationships. I’m most proud of the ongoing journey we have with our clients; several hundred for more than 20 years and more than 50 special clients for over 30 years.

The other day one of my clients told me a very touching story. She said, “When I first started coming here I was always impressed by the respect and care you showed to your older clients. Now I’m one of them.” Actually she has been coming for about 25 years and she really isn’t old at all.

We love having 3 and 4 generation families all coming to see us. We really appreciate their loyalty and look forward to the future together. So yes, our trophies do matter as a wonderful reminder of past successes. And today we are focused on them.

Click here to see our winners’ interview at the British Hairdressing Business Awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment